October 11th 2021
Types of Personal and Non-Personal Information Collected
Personal information identifies or can be used to identify an individual. For example, it includes a name, home address, telephone number, and email address. Like most websites, the LAKERIDGE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION website gathers traffic patterns, site-usage, and other aggregated data. This data is used to evaluate visitor preferences and website effectiveness. This aggregate data does NOT individually identify you.
This website is directed to individuals at least 18 years old. When a user discloses personal information on this website, the user is representing that he or she is an adult.
LAKERIDGE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION does not sell or rent any of the personal information to third parties that you disclose to us.
LAKERIDGE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION may disclose information to law enforcement agencies or others if LAKERIDGE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION is legally required to do so. In addition, certain statutory authorizations may allow us to disclose personal information in emergency situations.
Personal Data Usage
Your personal data is used to enhance the usefulness of the LAKERIDGE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION website for you and other LAKERIDGE residents. It is used for the following purposes:
- To limit access to the sections of the website that are reserved for LAKERIDGE residents
- To provide directories and contact lists of LAKERIDGE residents, accessible only by authorized residents when successfully logged in to the website. Control of inclusion in such directories and lists is directly manageable by the resident
- To provide the LAKERIDGE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION with the facility to communicate electronically directly with residents, using technologies such as email or social media
Data Retention and Deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with access to the private area of the LAKERIDGE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION website, and it may also be used for:
- limiting access to the residents only sections of the website
- maintaining the performance of the LAKERIDGE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION website
- making data-driven decisions about new site features
- complying with our legal obligations
- resolving disputes
If you close, or request that we close, your account, we will delete or anonymise your personal data so it no longer identifies you, unless we are required to keep some or all of it to use it for a legally justifiable reason.
If you move away and cease to be a resident of LAKERIDGE, then your account and all associated personally indentifiable information will be automatically deleted, without any action required by you to cause this to happen. Deletion of some or all of your personnal data may be limited to the deletion restrictions described elsewhere in this section.
Here are some examples of situations where we are legally allowed or required to keep some of your personal data:
- if there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an unresolved claim or dispute
- for our legal, tax, audit and accounting obligations
- for our Association interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain security.
Any questions regarding this policy may be addressed to a LAKERIDGE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION representative available through our contact form.